Are you that foodie, who can travel miles to try delicious dishes from all around the world? If yes, then this article is for you. You might have tried scrumptious dishes in upscale restaurants, but have you ever tried street foods of India? If you are planning a trip to India then, you should never miss the chance to relish the Indian street foods. Here we are telling you the best destinations in India to have delicious foods at best prices.
Mumbai boasts of variety of street foods that relishes everyone from rich to poor people. Mumbai is famous in all over India for its delicious street foods. You will find plenty of street food items to eat but these are the most popular and a must-try in Mumbai: –
- Vada Pav- This is the Indian burger which is prepared with bread/bun. Vada pav is the one thing that you will find in every street, corner, and crossroad or turn in Mumbai. This delicious snack is available at different price but, starts from INR 20.
- Pav Bhaji- Another way the Mumbaikars have the bun is with tangy and spicy Bhahi, which is prepared with potato and other vegies.
- Pani Puri- Known by different names, Pani puri is a street food items that is popular everywhere. The fried hallowed balls are stuff with potato, chickpeas, onions and spices and filled with tamarind or mint chili water.
- Bhel Puri– It is a flavorful chaat, prepared with puffed rice, which is tossed with tomatoes, onions, green chili, coriander leaves,
Not only the Nation’s Capital but, Delhi is the food capital of India. From south to north and east to west, all the regions of Delhi serves a variety of street food items. Here are the best street foods in Delhi that you must try: –
- Chole Bhature– it is one of the popular dish you will find everywhere in India. But, Delhi is famous to serve the most delicious chole bhature. Bhature is the Indian deep fried bread, serve with spicy chickpeas curry.
- Dahi Bhalle- You just miss the delight from Delhi’s street. Soaked dal vada are topped with curd, tamarind chutney, tangy green chutney and spices.
- Kachori Sabji– It is quite common in almost every Indian cities but, this Delhi street food will make you ask for more. Khasta kachoris are served with spicy aloo ki sabji.
- Ram laddoo- Fried moong dal pakoras are popularly known as ram laddoos in Delhi.
The city of joy, Kolkata is famous for its street foods in all over India. The best part of Kolkata’s street food is that from rich to beggars, everyone can relish without spending too much. If you are travelling to Kolkaa then don’t miss to eat these
- Puchka– The very famous Mumbai’s Pani Puri or Delhi’s Golgappe is known as Puchka in Kolkata. This is a must try when you are in Kolkata.
- Kathi Roll- Yes, the famous kathi roll is originated from Kolkata. If you want to taste the authentic kathi roll then head to Kolkata.
- Ghugni- It is a popular dish of East India. Ghugni is prepared with boiled yellow peas. Served with tamarind chutney, onions, tomatoes, green chili and coriander leaves.
Lucknow is famous for two things- Nawab culture and street foods. Lucknow street foods is the best food that you will get to taste in the world. From Biryani to Kebabs, Lucknow will give you a variety of dishes to try.
- Kebab- If you are traveling to Lucknow and haven’t tried the special Kebabs then, your trip is incomplete. This is a must try street food in Lucknow.
- Biryani– Other Kebab, Biryani is the best street food you can try when you are in Lucknow.
- Veg Kebab Paratha- Try another version of Kebabs in the form of Kebab only in Lucknow. This is the most popular dish to try in Lucknow.
These are the top four best destinations in India for the foodies. And these are just a few of several varieties of Indian street foods. When you will start your journey you will come across to many other destinations that serves delicious street foods, which will enrich your taste buds. If you are not comfortable in eating roadside foods then, you can go to any popular street food franchise in India that also serves the same delicacies that you find in Indian streets.