Admit it that there are some or more like many mornings where we don’t get time to make breakfast. In fact, sometimes while in a hurry we grab a fistful cereal or nuts on the way out the doors. It is quite difficult to prepare breakfast every morning as it takes too much time. But, that doesn’t mean that you should be settled for the sugar rush that will leave you hungry just a half hour later. Well, you would be surprised to know how less efforts healthy breakfasts require when putting into practice. We are about to blow your mind with this article that how street food items can also be tasty and healthy breakfast, you can prepare at home.
Below are the breakfast recipes that are perfect to make when you are in a rush.
Poha is one of the much-loved breakfast foods in India that has a number of variants in different parts of India. Whether you like it in the traditional way with peanuts, curry leaves and veggies or the steamed flatten rice, poha has a unique appeal that is almost universal. In Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, Poha is eaten topped with bhujia, onions and tomatoes.
Poha is not only delicious and healthy breakfast you can start your morning with but, it is also very easy to make. This requires a few ingredients and only few minutes to make the delicious and healthy Poha. So, let’s see what you will require and how to prepare this delicious breakfast at home.
- 1 Cup Poha/chivda (pressed rice)
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 Cup Onions, finely chopped
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 2-3 Whole red chilies
- 1/2 Cup Potatoes (diced small)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- Wash Poha (Flattened Rice) but, do not soak it too long in the water.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves and onions along with whole red chilies.
- Fry onions until turn light brown then add potatoes and turn around till they look a bit glossy.
- Now add turmeric and fry it on a medium flame till the potatoes are cooked through.
- Now add salt and poha and mix it well.
- Turn off the gas and mix green chilies, lemon juice and half of the coriander.
- Serve it on a plate and garnish it with coriander, lemon and Bhujiya and enjoy your delicious breakfast in just a few minutes.
When we talk about delicious yet so healthy street food items then we just cannot miss Idli Sambar. This is prepared with fermented rice and lentils batter. Idli is considered to be one of the best breakfast foods in the world. Idlis are light and healthy breakfast item and also very easy to prepare. Just like we have discussed earlier that Poha has a number of variants in different states of India, Idli has too. There are many variant varieties of Idlis you can try at home. As we are discussing about easy to make breakfast items in a hurry so, Rava Idli is one of the best types of Idlis that you can make i
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin
- 1 tsp chana dal
- Pinch hing (asafetida)
- few curry leaves
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp carrot, grated
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 cup rava or suji or semolina
- ¾ cup curd / yogurt, whisk
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp Eno / fruit salt
- 5 cashew
- Heat oil in a pan and put 1 tsp mustard, ½ tsp jeera, 1 tsp chana dal, pinch hing and few curry leaves.
- Now add chili, 1 inch ginger and fry it for a minute.
- After frying add 2 tbsp carrot, ¼ tsp turmeric and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup rava and roast well until it turns aromatic.
- Now transfer the rava into a bowl.
- Add ¾ cup curd, 2 tbsp coriander and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well and make a thick batter.
- Rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix well and add water as required to form an idli batter consistency batter.
- Before steaming the batter mix a ¼ tsp eno and mix well.
- Grease the idli plate with oil and place cashews in the centre.
- Pour the batter immediately into the idli plate. And steam it for 13 minutes.
- Serve your instant rava idli with coconut chutney (or any of your choice) and sambar.
We love to eat delicious dishes at upscale restaurants or street food franchises in India but, not everything that you eat outside is healthy. So, try these delicious breakfast recipes at home that are healthy and easy to make for busy mornings.